About this course
Guided Group Expedition: Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential
Join Dr. Linda Hill and compassionate and courageous Inclusive Leaders from around the world for our online expedition to "Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential"
Who this course is for
Participate in a rich and enriching world-wide network of adults, youth, young adults and elders who are champions of diversity and inclusion.
- Educators, service providers, volunteers, students who are looking for new ways of living, learning and leading in your diverse communities.
- People who are dealing with injustice, mistreatment, isolation and other forms of exclusion.
- People who love people who are dealing with exclusion and all advocates, allies and activists.
- Emerging and experienced Inclusive Leaders who are Building Bridges toward social and environmental well-being in schools, workplaces and community settings.
"Our environmental, economic, political, social, and spiritual challenges are interconnected, and together we can forge inclusive solutions." (Earth Charter)
"Every individual, family, organization, and community has a vital role to play." (Earth Charter)
"The arts, sciences, religions, educational institutions, media, businesses, nongovernmental organizations, and governments are all called to offer creative leadership." (Earth Charter)
Are you asking any of these questions? If so, this course is YOUR opportunity to Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential.
- What can I do about prejudice, inequality, discrimination and other forms of social and environmental injustice?
- How can I build my skills to become more inclusive in my leadership?
- How can I guide children, youth or adults at school, work or in a community-setting to shift from exclusion to inclusion?
- How can I build an inclusive team at work, school, or in the community that is enriched by our diversity?
- How can I live, learn and lead in ways that bring out the best in everyone's differences?
Where and When
Participate from anywhere in the world via your computer. Learn through experiential education: videos, practice activities, reflecting, journaling, and sharing in a discussion forum and optional video meetings.
40 hours of Participatory Action online learning mostly at your own pace (4-5 hours per week for 8-10 weeks)
- 3-4 self paced hours per week of videos, handouts, experiential education activities and journaling.
- 1 hour per week participating in our heart to heart online Discussion Forum
- Optional heart-to-heart video meetings the first Saturday of each month 10 am to 11:30 am Pacific Time. Click here to convert to your local time zone.
You will receive a Participation Certificate logging 40 hours of continuing education in Inclusive Leadership development.
With the field of Inclusive Leadership as your map and the international Earth Charter as your global compass, you will soon find yourself "In the midst of a magnificent diversity of cultures and life forms" where "we are one human family and one Earth community".
"A discovery of new ideas about leadership within a wonderful learning process with practical information and questions, meditation, and journaling." (Paul Atsu, Agribusiness/Agricultural Leader, Ghana, Africa)
You will travel through all four corners of Inclusive Leadership:
- Building Bridges to equality
- Connecting with differences
- Communicating with compassion
- Anti-Discrimination First Aid
"I loved the template of Building Bridges that was shared, especially for planning and facilitating workshops. This is like gold: a structure I was looking for" (Katie Sayers, Teacher and Facilitator, BC, Canada).
“I am so grateful for this top-notch course that the world needs more of. How about if each and every person in areas such as Uganda undertook a basic course in understanding inclusiveness? Would we learn not to be harsh while connecting with different people? Would this lead to a society where everyone is welcomed?” (Joanita Babirye, Founder and Director, Rainbow Smiles Foundation, Uganda)
"Imagine the world where all people feel they have a role in leadership; leading, learning, and living in a whole new way! I am grateful for the helpful tools this course has given me.” (Lynn Smith, Farmer, Program Leader, Musician, BC, Canada).
"We loved the discussion forums, mentoring meetings and live-video meetings. So much thoughtful learning through our experiences connecting with such a diverse group. By contributing regularly we practiced being inclusive and became friends." (Susan Norris, Terri Beaton, Lynn Smith: Past Participants)
Explore Your Stage of Being the Changes You Want to See In the World
Explore, share and celebrate your own diversity and all social diversity and biodiversity as gifts that enrich our online community and the wider world. Create your Personal Action Plan for living, learning and leading more inclusively in your diverse community.
Your Inclusive Leadership Action plan will integrate your Inclusive Leadership potential with your passions and concerns in ways that are positive, possible and practical for you!
Feedback from new and experienced Inclusive Leaders will help you develop your plan in appreciative and affirmative ways. You will be well prepared to chart your way forward as you integrate Inclusive Leadership into the places you live, work and volunteer.
"My goal was to form a bond to heal the world of hate, discrimination and violence through love, kindness and affection. I’ve been inspired! I have not only discovered my inclusive leadership potential but also have a vivid idea of an implementation plan.” (Chuks Okoriekwe, Lawyer, Mediator, Human Rights Advocate, Nigeria).
- Stop and Enjoy the View!
- Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Action Plan
- Review and Strengthen Your Action Plan
- Experiential Closing Activity: Your Past, Present and Future as an Inclusive Leader
- You Are Invited to Share Your Feedback
- More Inclusive Leadership Opportunities
- Thank You
Inclusive Leadership Co-operative
About the instructor
The Inclusive Leadership Co-operative (ILC) is a non-profit community service association based on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada that provides community-based diversity education for people from diverse generations, cultures and communities. We prepare participants to live, learn and lead more inclusively by embracing the diversity in all living beings as gifts that enrich the world. Click here to take a look at our ILC website.
We guide new and experienced Inclusive Leaders to share leadership in educating each other about our interconnected diversity challenges while nurturing and mentoring Inclusive Leadership skills for:
- Building Bridges of equality
- Connecting With Differences
- Communicating With Compassion
- Standing up for inclusion with Anti-Discrimination First Aid.
The outcome of practicing Inclusive Leadership is contributing actively to safety, respect, justice, and peace in your diverse community.
"This is the best experience I've got in Canada. It's amazing...you should join the Inclusive Leadership Program!" (Mohammad Binaz, International Student from India)
The ILC's Inclusive Leadership Online courses and practice groups are deeply rooted in fifteen years of experiential Inclusive Leadership education with several thousand professionals, students, volunteers and other leaders from Vancouver Island, other parts of BC, Canada and the world. The ILC is adapting our renowned experiential education workshops and weekend retreats into a series of interactive, online courses enhanced by live video gatherings.
Inclusive Leadership for our Global Village is quickly becoming a lively, vibrant mutual mentoring hub for authentic Inclusive Leaders who are connecting across time, space and diversity with other caring and courageous Inclusive Leaders around the world.
"Kudos on making your work internationally accessible. So pleased this interesting and necessary initiative is combining social and environmental. Long overdue. Love that you have integrated a comprehensive inclusive approach to everything including registration fees. Your values shine through it all." (Vickie Cammack and Al Etmanski, Social Innovations that Spread from the Margins to the Mainstream)
Outcomes of Participating in Discover Your Inclusive Leadership Potential.
“Let ours be a time remembered for the awakening of a new reverence for life, the firm resolve to achieve sustainability, the quickening of the struggle for justice and peace, and the joyful celebration of life”. (Earth Charter).
You will leave your quest well prepared for living, learning and leading in your diverse community in ways that are realistic and meaningful for you.
You will find inspiration, understanding and confidence in yourself as an Inclusive Leader in our world that has become a Global Village.
“This material is excellent for using in workshops, classrooms, facilitation settings and more! I look forward to integrating this materials into my work and volunteer services”. (Katie Sayers, Community Relations Builder, Facilitator, Teacher, Nanaimo, BC, Canada).
“I am LOVING this course! and I can see how after taking some action, and then reflecting, my plan can change and morph and hopefully gain even more clarity.” (Lynn Smith, Farmer, Program Leader, Musician, Cowichan Valley, BC, Canada).
“Networking and reaching out to others are at the heart of creating inclusion in our communities. I feel warmly embraced by a community of leaders dedicated to creating an inclusive world.” (Susan Norris, Bookkeeper, BC, Canada)
“I reached my goals of having the skills to build stronger connections and stronger communities. This course gave me maturity to resolve situations by ensuring everyone feels listened to and that everyone’s needs are met.” (Emily, New Mom, Alberta, Canada)
"Thank all of you so much for this great trip, I'm so grateful for your support , your magical words, your seeds which grew into me with self confidence , hope and love! Feeling proud of my certificate!" (Shayma Awedi, Surgical Nursing Student, Tunisia).
We look forward to embarking on this voyage of discovery with you!
How to Enroll
Are you ready to Join Dr. Linda Hill and a team of skilled and experienced Inclusive Leaders on this guided quest to your Personal Action Plan for living, learning and leading in your diverse community?
Here is how to enroll:
The Inclusive Leadership Co-operative runs on the spirit-of-generosity with people paying what we can each comfortably afford. To enroll, you read through the pricing choices below with your own spirit of generosity and decide what is comfortable for you.
- Is the fee of $70 CAD (aprox $50 USD) is affordable for you?
- Can you afford to "pay it forward" by paying $140 CAD (aprox $100 USD) to pay for yourself and another person who faces financial barriers?
- Do you require a half sponsorship of $35 CAD (aprox $25 USD)?
- Do you require a full sponsorship? If so email email@example.com (If you are willing to invest your time and energy into Inclusive Leadership, we are willing to invest in you).
I request a full sponsorship. I will invest my time in this course.